||What Is Improvisation?
- Improvisation is a sophisticated word that is synonymous with the
simpler, more child-like word, “PLAY”.
- Improvisation is the playful use of FREE WILL. This implies the
ability to make choices quickly and efficiently, accepting the consequences
of these choices, regardless of the outcome.
- Improvisation is a spontaneous, powerful and honest statement
- Improvisation is facing the unknown with courage, patience and
trust – taking risks as we manoeuver within the unpredictable
nature of the TIME-SPACE illusion we call “reality”. Ultimately,
if allowed, improvisation will teach us that time and space are indeed
illusory, and that REALITY does transcend both – or, in other
words, REALITY, in truth, breaks ALL the rules of this world.
- Improvisation is being fully awake and fully alive in the ETERNAL
HERE and NOW. The past and future quite literally do not exist, thus
it is only possible to BE alive NOW. Release from the memories of
the past and the plans and expectations of the future is not only
a possibility, but an absolute necessity, if we are to experience
life to its highest potential.
- Improvisation is the acceptance of responsibility for our own
thoughts, emotions and actions.
- Improvisation means, literally, to IMPROVE!
- Improvisation is the discovery, exploration and expansion of our
limits, as we reach toward the infinite.
- Improvisation is the ability to LAUGH at our own folly, as do
- Improvisation is the ART of LETTING GO.
- Improvisation is the recognition and acceptance of “mistakes”
as essential stepping-stones along the path of spiritual awakening
and growth. This ultimately means that “mistakes” are
impossible, and DO NOT EXIST!
- Improvisation is admitting that you don’t know where you’re
going, but you’ve decided to allow yourself to enjoy the trip.